Développements récents en droit constitutionnel 2018
Université de Montréal, Pavillon 3200 Jean-Brillant, room B-1248
March 22, 2019, 1pm
This course will examine the recent developments in constitutional law at the Supreme Court of Canada, mainly under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Constitution Act, 1867.
The discussion will also include an overview of the Supreme Court’s upcoming decisions as well as the most important decisions of the Federal Court of Appeal and the Québec Court of Appeal over the past year.
The course will be given in French and will be also be accessible as a webcast.
List of cases
1. Division of Powers
- British Columbia Investment Management Corporation v. Canada (AG), 2018 BCCA 47, application for leave to appeal allowed, SCC, 2018-10-11, 38059
- Québec AG v. Leclerc, 2018 QCCA 1567, application for leave to appeal filed, SCC, 2018-11-26, 38414
- R. v. Comeau, 2018 SCC 15
- Reference re Pan‑Canadian Securities Regulation, 2018 SCC 48
- Renvoi relatif à la Loi sur la non-discrimination génétique, 2018 QCCA 2193, avis d’appel déposé, SCC, 2019-01-16, 38478
- CSQ v. Québec (AG),  1 SCR 522, 2018 SCC 18
- LSBC v. TWU, 2018 SCC 32; TWU v. LSUC, 2018 SCC 33
- Mazraani v. Industrielle Alliance, 2018 SCC 50
- Québec (AG) v. APTS,  1 SCR 464, 2018 SCC 17
- Schmidt v. Canada (AG), 2018 FCA 55, application for leave to appeal filed, SCC, 2018-06-20, 38179
3. Unwritten constitutional principles
- Chagnon v. Syndicat de la fonction publique et parapublique du Québec, 2018 SCC 39
- Highwood Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses v. Wall, 2018 SCC 26
- Québec (CNESST) v. Caron,  1 SCR 35
This content has been updated on 16 December 2022 at 14 h 37 min.