Composition of the 2019 Independent Advisory Board for Supreme Court of Canada Judicial Appointments for Quebec Seats
I’m honored and delighted to have been appointed by the Canadian Government to the Independent Advisory Board for Supreme Court of Canada Judicial Appointments for Quebec Seats and Terms and Conditions of Appointment of Members. Composed of eight members and chaired by The Rt Hon Kim Campbell, the Advisory Board is an independent and non-partisan body whose mandate is to review applications of candidates to fill the vacancy created by the upcoming retirement of Justice Clément Gascon and submit a shortlist of three to five highly qualified candidates for consideration by the Prime Minister.
Members of the Advisory Board
- The Right Honourable Kim Campbell – Chairperson – former Prime Minister of Canada, Canadian Consul General, and the Founding Principal of the Peter Lougheed Leadership College at the University of Alberta from 2014 to 2018.
- The Honourable Louis LeBel – Member – retired justice of the Supreme Court of Canada and resident judge at the Faculty of Law at Laval University.
- Eugénie Brouillet – Member – law professor and Vice Rector of Research, Creation and Innovation at Laval University and a former member of the Board of Directors of the Barreau de Québec.
- Steeves Bujold – Member – partner at McCarthy Tétrault in Montréal and a member of the Executive Committee of SOGIC (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Community) of the Canadian Bar Association – Quebec Branch.
- Céline Lévesque – Member – Dean of the Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section at the University of Ottawa.
- Lili-Anna Pereša – Member – President and Executive Director of Centraide of Greater Montréal.
- Joseph Yvon Thériault – Member – founding Director of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research on Citizenship and Minorities at the University of Ottawa.
- Han-Ru Zhou – Member – Associate Professor of Public Law at the Université de Montréal Faculty of Law.
This content has been updated on 15 February 2021 at 18 h 23 min.